Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Painting a Day for Five Days

I tried the exercise of painting a painting a day for 5 days. Here's what happened. Took a break tonite. It's not that easy when you have a full time job outside your artwork. Perhaps I'll try a commitment of one a weekend.









Ukrainian Girls 3 x 3 acrylic on canvas



First was the Ukrainian Girls done on Friday, June 12, 2009. This is one of the cute little 3 x 3 canvases on the little easel. I really enjoyed doing this one. Second is Lei Lady done on Saturday, June 13th and I also had a lot of fun doing this one. It's a 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas.

Lei Lady - 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas





















This is the painting from the still life of Cezanne that I did on Sunday, June 13, 2009 at the class put on by Frank Haddock. As mentioned, I thoroughly enjoyed this class.










Cezanne's Still Life -
My version - 24 x 20 acrylic on canvas



I was admiring what the others had done in their attempts at a few of Cezanne's landscapes and I decided to force myself to try a few little landscape studies / experiments of my own in the painting for five days.

Below is the first little 8 x 10 of Bow Lake, Banff National Park from a photo I found on a tourism site. I quite enjoyed this one and like the way some of the colors came together. I would try this one in a larger version.

Bow Lake 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas



Last came a landscape from a photo of a lavender field in Provence, France. This again is an 8 x 10 quick painting done in less than two hours. Painted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009. So here I am now today taking a break.

What did I do for my art passion today. I sent in membership applications to Visual Arts of Alberta Association and Harcourt Art Centre. I am really interested in trying the drop in sessions there which seem to be something I think I could really get into.



Lavendar Fields 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas





And, of course, lastly I uploaded my efforts from the last few days onto the blogspot. So in essence, I dedicated 2 - 3 hours tonite to art.



No comments: